Join Our Team
Our team of highly trained individuals is committed to supporting and promoting healthy and vibrant housing communities by connecting our residents with services that meet the needs of a diverse population, including families with children, seniors, and people with disabilities.
The Affordable Housing Network, Inc. (AHNI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization affiliated with Four Oaks, one of the largest providers of human services in the state of Iowa.
Check out our current career opportunities here:
Maintenance & Facilities Specialist
As the Facilities Specialist you will provide facility preventative maintenance and asset management services by completing a variety of ongoing tasks. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct facility, vehicle, and equipment routine preventative maintenance, as scheduled, to assure efficient functioning of systems.
- Maintain assigned buildings, ensuring custodial and equipment set up.
- Complete building repairs, as assigned.
- Provide building upkeep, including painting, and repair of windows, walls, and doors.
- Maintain building utilities, including heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical repair.
- Maintain storeroom inventory, and deliver supplies as ordered.
- Pick-up/Deliver donations and/or materials as necessary.
- Maintain a listing of current suppliers and system repair contacts.
- Provide receipts from purchases, and reconcile invoices with delivered goods.
You will need a High School Diploma or GED and have prior experience in maintaining facilities – OR – equivalent maintenance and facilities related experience.
As the Compliance Specialist you will be responsible for HUD compliance, assisting in asset and property management, providing internal and external customer support, providing complete & timely documentation and delivering responsible work performance expectations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Evaluating resident applications and recertification paperwork for HUD compliance eligibility and consistently with management software.
- Coordinating and preparing written response to audits from HUD investors and state agencies.
- Providing guidance and training to property employees & others on HUD, Section 42 and other financing regulations.
- Ensuring the proper issuing using the most current guidelines and required terms, staying up to date on all rule changes.
- Researching and evaluating obligations based on regulatory agreements and government regulations to determine any non-compliance.
You will need a High School diploma or GED and some background in property management, maintaining facilities or equivalent experience. Additional requirements include:
- Intermediate computer skills in a MS Office environment including Excel and Word
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner